Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio Sunroof Issue (does this sound like the normal seal issue?)

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 7th February 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Clio Sunroof Issue (does this sound like the normal seal issue?)

Hi all

I was hoping that someone could help me, I'm totally useless with cars but was trying to figure a problem that I have with my Renault Clio. I went to get into it the other day and the interior was totally soaked. The problem is that the underside of the sunroof is totally covered in water droplets from the recent rain. I've now covered up the exterior with some plastic to stop it happening any more.

I've read lots of issues online about the seal on the Clio roof leaking and I thought I might try and repair it myself if this was definitely the issue. However from what I've read online, people talk of streams of water leaking down from the sunroof whereas this is just literally the entire underside of the sunroof covered in droplets, and nothing else.

Also, the lever that normally closes the sunroof doesn't seem to close that tightly any more (I remember that it used to be quite stiff and tight when I used to close it but now it doesn't seem to close it that tightly) - could that be the issue rather than the seal?

I really appreciate any help, I'm trying to save some cash by doing it myself as I always seem to get ripped off with mechanics.

It is a 2002 Renault Clio by the way!

Currently in thatgirl101's garage:
Renault Clio (2002)
  5 Lastest Threads by thatgirl101
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio Sunroof Issue (does this sound like the... Bodywork Dancingdad 2 778 7th February 2014 03:50 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome