Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #467 of (permalink) Old 16th February 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by ren25 View Post
How come it was two weeks between opening your cars bonnet. I was lead to believe that you needed to check fluid levels every week?
Are you telling me that all this electronic gadgetry (like oil -level check at start-up) is not reliable? Ohh! I am so surprised. And here I am thinking I really do have a puncture when the electronics tel me so, despite the refute from my little slider-guage.

TBH I only open the bonnet if I feel like messing around (I haven't felt like messing around since my early twenties, roughly just a few years ago)or if I suspect that something REALLY does need checking... e.g. if my brakes feel spongy, I would check hydraulics (just to make sure, mind you) or if the car is showing signs of over-heating, I might check the coolant level.

The last time I opened my bonnet myself, was when the franchise left a petrol-pipe gushing petrol over my engine which cause the car to have a nasty smell and me to have an even nastier headache for nearly two weeks.

Of course this does not apply if the car is old.

Confucius he say "Wise Inuit never eats yellow snow"
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome