Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Turbo Reliability - 1.9 Dci Vs 2.2 Dci

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 22nd November 2005
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
We purchased a 1.9DCI Privilege in January on an 01 Y reg. Three weeks ago we paid 245 to have the back bushes replaced. Nearly two weeks ago the Turbo blew. Something about the intercooler which caused the Turbo to blow and when Renault were asked how much for this intercooler thingy he said yes we have plenty in, they're always going. My mechanic said himself that this is not right.
Cost to us so far 1100, Christmas basically cancelled (we have used all our savings - and I'm not kidding) the cost of humiliation contacting our debtors asking for help cos we can't meet the next payments. I am so upset about this. Both my parents have died so I can't ask them for help. My partner is really unhappy that it is causing me concern and have now been advised by doctor to double my anti-depressants.

To be honest, it is the biggest mistake of my life. I am losing everything cos I can't sell the car til it's fixed and to fix it is costing 1100. When I sell it, I have to repay the finance (2k). Deduct the finance and the cost of repairs from the proceeds of sale, I have lost big style.

I'm sorry but you asked for owners opinions and quite frankly, my opinion is because Renault know of the problem yet refuse to admit it, they are as bad as thieves. And those thieves have ruined my three young childrens Christmas.

As requested by third party, I have written to VOSA who have asked for owners to let them know of the problems arising from this issue and am looking into possible legal action
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome