Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Is my Renault dealer filling me full of the brown stuff??

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 18th February 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi Nikki,

Obviously the central locking button can unlock (left side of button) and lock (right side of button) the doors. When I re-sync'ed my keys, I only used the right side so the keys SHOULD be re-syncable.

However, I bought a new key because I was told the old one had failed. I have been unable to re-sync the replacement. I hate the Renaults the way they are so tied in now to the electronics and don't plan to replace our 97 Scenic with another one.

As for the flood, I would say that rain gets in through one point and fills the whole bottom of the car. I can only make two suggestions.

1. Run a hose on each corner of the car for 5 minutes (bottom corners of windscreen and above tailgate at rear). This should reveal the leak.

2. Other people more familiar with the body of a Scenic may be able to confirm whether the floor is a single skin. My thought is to make a small hole with a nail to allow for any water to escape. You would obviously have to make sure you know EXACTLY what would be beneath any point you choose to make a hole.

Hope this helps

Currently in ChampionC's garage:
1997 Scenic RT 1.6
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome