Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #473 of (permalink) Old 18th February 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Originally Posted by Meesh View Post
Hi Kat, sorry to hear this has happened to you this also happened to me in November. I claimed my insurance costing me over 400 and my three years no claims discount. Renault don't want to know to be honest and will try tell you that it was your fault and that you didn't close your bonnet correctly after you last shut it!

As is suggested above I would get in touch with Watchdog, VOSA and your local Trading Standards (if you get passed to Consumer Direct say that this is a safety issue and you want it passed onto a Trading Standards Officer for investigation - insist on this).

Other than that read others experiences on this.

To all other regular posters do you think we should set up a what to do next link for who's bonnet clip fails. This way we won't be repeating ourselves every week?

Yes, good idea Meesh with a link to this thread incorporated in it, As there is a lot of reading in this thread quite a bit to trawl through for a first time poster.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome