Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna Initiale CD Player is silent!!!

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 18th February 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I think you just have an unusual configuration. Originally, the L2 Privilege and Initiale got a single slot radio/cd with a 6 disc changer in the boot. Later, this was upgraded to an in-dash changer in the upper slot on the Privilege, though (I thought, up until now) the Initiale and Privilege with optional sat-nav both still got the in-boot changer because the nav controls already used the spare slot.

From what you're saying about your system, it would seem that they binned this idea in favour of an in-dash changer and moved the amp to where the changer was in the boot. It sounds like a much better set-up to me, as you can actually change discs without rooting round in the boot.

On the latest (2005 phase II facelift) ones, they've been playing musical chairs again. Now the DVD drive for the navigation is in the dash above the in-dash CD changer, the amp/tuner is in the bottom of the glove box where the nav CD reader used to be, the sat-nav controls are where the handbrake used to be, and the handbrake has been replaced with an electronic lever where the voice synth/mobile phone speaker used to live.

Is it any wonder we're all confused?
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome