Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - ARsH0l3s hit my car

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 18th February 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
I don't want to alarm you good people but there are thousands of vehicles out there driving without tax and insurance. They are mostly cloned vehicles and the police aren't interested even when you hand a cut & dried case to them on a plate.

They claim it is because they don't have enough resources and they have more important things to do.

Cloned vehicles are not picked up by the recognition cameras because the genuine vehicle is likely to be both taxed and insured.

I personally gave information to the Stratford-on-Avon police about a scoundrel whom I discovered was driving around in a cloned CLK and they didn't bother until he had 'lost' it. When they went to his house, the car wasn't there so they didn't even ask him what he had done with it. I even gave them the details of the owner of the genuine bearer of that VRM.

Of course, we can all imagine that someone driving a ringer isn't going to stop and identify him/herself in the event of an accident. How many hit-and-run cases are there every year and how many innocent people have been and are being maimed or killed? A quick search on BBC News for "hit-and-run" turns out 137 items.

As I said, I don't mean to alarm.... but if you are calm while everyone around you seems panicky, you may possibly be missing something.

Confucius he say "Wise Inuit never eats yellow snow"
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS

Last edited by vass20; 18th February 2007 at 09:49 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome