Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Electronic parking brake - scenic 2

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10th February 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Electronic parking brake - scenic 2

Firstly apologies. I know there are a lot of threads regarding the parking brake but I couldn't find anything that exactly matches my issue.

2006 scenic 2. Recently after MOT started having parking brake gremlins. First issue was upon driving, the check parking brake message appeared and I was unable to apply the handbrake. This continued for maybe 3 separate runs in the car, leaving in gear each time. Then it vanished on the fourth journey, with the parking brake working fine again both with manual and start/ stop button operation.

Worked fine for about three weeks, then on Friday it gave the parking brake fault message and was locked on. I used the emergency release, then was able to reset the handbrake using advice from the forums.

Worked again for 1 day then went again, check parking brake, not applying so drivable. Now here's the odd bit. I 'll maybe get 6 or 7 journeys, no change, then randomly I'll come out start the car and it works.

Has anyone else experienced this? It's making diagnosing it difficult. I will get the computer read soon as I have a day off.

I'm currently selling the car so don't want to be out big money.

Also, I'm convinced that the rolling brake test during the MOT is responsible. The MOT test here in Northern Ireland is government controlled at a specific test centre. We can't go to an approved garage to get them done. The guy was pretty rough with the internal switches etc during the test and I'm sure the brake test is fairly industrial!
Currently in dboyuk's garage:
2006 Scenic II 1.6 VVT & 2004 Hyundai Coupe Gen 3
  5 Lastest Threads by dboyuk
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Electronic parking brake - scenic 2 Brakes/Hubs ours2012 14 3842 10th February 2014 09:17 AM
Unlocking/locking Scenic 2issue Electronics bonnie boy 3 868 20th June 2013 08:59 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome