Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Replacing the Drivers Door lock barrel, cross threaded screw problem

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10th February 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Replacing the Drivers Door lock barrel, cross threaded screw problem

I managed to break the lock barrel on my Megane Coupe 1998 drivers door, the key will not even go in it anymore so Ive bought a new one to fit.

I stripped the door interior as described in my HAYNES manual which wasnt too hard however when I got to the last step which is to unscrew the 2 screws right on the end of the door by the lock mechanism I realised that both of the screws are cross threaded. I think these 2 screws hold on the anti-theft cover.

I think I'll be able to get them out with some backwards drill bits I bought for getting rid of a cross threaded wheel bolt but I'll need some replacements and Im not sure of the best place to get them. Do these screws have a special names or anything else special about them? The top of them looks very flat so I assume they are special screws that are sunken so that the door closed correctly.

Any ideas what they are called or where to get them from? I need them quite quick as my car wont lock at the mo as the central locking has gone too.

Currently in medlington's garage:
Megane Mk 1 Coupe
  5 Lastest Threads by medlington
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Is this lock mechanism compatible with my megane... Bodywork medlington 0 465 20th February 2014 09:18 AM
Replacing the Drivers Door lock barrel, cross... Bodywork medlington 2 800 10th February 2014 09:55 AM
Megane Coupe 1998 find the wiring loom Electronics medlington 2 724 15th August 2012 09:35 AM
Megane Coupe 1998 headlight motor constantly on -... Electronics mah14681 1 890 13th July 2012 03:59 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome