Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Electronics - Xenon Headlights - Discussion & how to change out

View Single Post
post #109 of (permalink) Old 11th February 2014
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Re: Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Electronics - Xenon Headlights - Discussion & how t

I found that I couldn't see at all well with Xenon bulbs. Well after spending hundreds on a range of different spectrum bulbs I arrived at a set with 4000k which I could just about see with, the cheap ones were hopeless so I ended up buying a pair of Osrams. Whilst on a short break in Germany, one ballast gave up and I had to try and make it home on just one headlight. Laguna being Laguna, by the time I got to Folkstone, the other ballast had given up the ghost so I had to drive all the way home on my fog lights.
I'd had my fill of the stupid HID lights, the stupid self levellers and the stupid car. I managed to modify a couple of H7s to fit with the Xenon deflectors removed (2 lt wires from the ballast straight to the bulb) and could adjust them to a reasonable dip but lost the high beam aim (too low) I looked on ebay and a seller was offering a pair of non xenon units for 30 posted, bargain, bought and fitted. now i can see in the dark again!
The reason I'm posting this is because I've seen a few people ask if you can go back from xenon to Halogen and from my experience the answer is yes.
Currently in vmaxnick's garage:
some cars
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome