Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Engines - 1.6VVT Auto 2nd Gear

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 19th February 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Not happy with my automatic gearbox!

I have the same problem with my renault scenic 1.6 automatic gearbox registered 2002. I bought it last year and it has only 35 000 miles on the clock. The Auto warning light comes on every time I go up a steep hill on the way to my son's school and the car stays in safe mode, so I can not accelerate. When I turn the ignition off and on again, the problem rectifies itself. I took the car to the local renault dealer who told me they had never heard of this problem but having searched both the British and the French websites I know that this is not true as we are all talking about it. The garage did a check and they have said that it is a faulty valve at the front of the gearbox which can be replaced at a cost of 384. They have said they have replaced a few and the problem disappears (I thought they had never heard of it before????!!!!) I phoned Renault customer services today as I believe they have produced a car with a faulty part that they should be replacing free of charge but I was given a very frosty response and told that Renault UK and France are not accepting any responsibility for this problem. He admitted that everyone is talking about it. What can we do?
Currently in aliaspin's garage:
renault scenic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome