Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Wheels and Tyres - Worn Rear Suspension Bushes

View Single Post
post #127 of (permalink) Old 19th February 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I just to warn any guys and girls out there who are thinking of having a go at replacing rear axle bushes...

I watched the pro's do this job a month ago and it's not a morning/afternoon job for the home DIY'er. I'd say it would take an intermediate home mechanic all day, possibly longer. If you have not had much experience with fixing cars I wouldn't try this job.

You WILL need the help of another person too as the axle is very heavy and needs to be removed from the car.

The garage that did my bushes took the whole axle somewhere to get the old bushes pressed out and the new ones pressed in.

I don't want to put anyone off because I'm always gain for tackling any size job but you need to be aware that this job is quite big. With 5-6 years home mechanical experience I'm glad I left this job alone. By all means have a go but make sure you don't need a car for a day or 2, or 3???

Good luck to all.
Currently in jamesleicester's garage:
Laguna II 1.6 Expression 2001
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome