Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Stereo Options for 04 Clio

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 20th February 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Stereo Options for 04 Clio

I've just bought an 04 plate Clio 1.2 (which I love!) and am picking up on Thursday - HURRAH!)

We've already got a 54 plate Scenic for the family, this is just a second car for me, to get me to and from work.

Problem is, I like my music on in the car, and am spoiled by having my Ipod connected to my previous car, via a cassete adapter.

The clio has the Tuner/List badging on the front of the stereo, so I don't *think* that makes it CD changer compatible easilly.

Ideally I would like to have the Ipod hooked up to the Clio car stereo, looking on various websites I can get kits for around 100, which is a tad pricey.

My question (eventually!) is -

a) Is there a method for connecting the Ipod to this model of standard clio stereo, I'm not bothered for full control from the steering wheel (but would be nice)

b) If not, would a third-party stereo with built in Ipod support be a better bet? Are these easy to fit in the Clio?

c) Should I give up my Ipod dream, and burn my mp3 files to CDR instead?

Thanks for any help you can offer
Currently in davegrainger's garage:
2004 Renault Clio 1.2
  5 Lastest Threads by davegrainger
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Ipod dash mount Electronics davegrainger 2 1139 19th March 2007 10:41 AM
Petrol is petrol is petrol, or is it? Cars & motoring Sam 27 3983 27th February 2007 03:37 PM
Scenic 54 plate - Auto tuning problems on the... Electronics fireball scenic 7 3845 27th February 2007 09:41 AM
Recommended Scuff repair products? Bodywork markkelsall 10 2270 26th February 2007 03:30 PM
Stereo Options for 04 Clio Clio davegrainger 5 2410 20th February 2007 10:34 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome