Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Yellowing Headlights

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12th February 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Yellowing Headlights

Just thought I'd share this one, it's my first time posting in the forum. Someone may find it useful!

The headlights of my 15yr old clio had become pretty discoloured and yellowed. Tried the toothpaste trick a few months ago and although minty fresh it had little effect on the colour of the lamps! Just not abrasive enough.

So I tried out the Quixx Headlight Restorer. I'd been after getting hold of the 3M product which has attachments for an electric drill for sanding and polishing - but I could only find that one online and dispatch was 2 months wait.

So I settled for the Quixx kit which is all done by hand with various fine grade sand papers and a rubber block, then finished off with a sealer & UV Protector. Im pretty happy with the result - it took a while and a bit of effort, mine were pretty bad so I spent an hour on each lamp. The pack cost 15 maybe cheaper some other places, but worth it I'd say. I can however see the advantage of using a power tool, especially for the polishing because you just can't get that "mirror finish" it promises by hand, so I may do this at a later time with a drill attachment and the remaining polish, there's plenty of product supplied with the pack.

But big improvement!

Pic Attached, left before and right after.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo0526_001.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	37458  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to unionjack For This Useful Post:
coup (12th February 2014), Dancingdad (12th February 2014), Meganeman (12th February 2014), TTT (12th February 2014)
  5 Lastest Threads by unionjack
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
windscreen film Bodywork madnoel10 14 1068 28th October 2015 06:24 PM
Radio Cassette Stuck on FF> Electronics unionjack 4 809 19th February 2014 09:39 AM
Warning Light Engines unionjack 12 1565 12th February 2014 01:33 PM
Yellowing Headlights Bodywork daveyboy58 2 675 12th February 2014 12:03 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome