Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Minister resolute on road tolls

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 20th February 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
The British government has a long and respectable history of not being swayed by terrorists. They stood fast at the worst that the IRA could throw at them, and remain resolute against the current threats. I don't think that we should be in Iraq, especially after recent developments, but I respect the goverment's stance that their policy will not be dictated by threats of terror.

But I'm increasingly of the opinion that politicians now see the whole of the electorate as 'the enemy', and peaceful protest or even disagreement with government policy as 'acts of terrorism.' Just look at their attitude towards the fuel protestors a few years back: They were practically unprepared to comment, let alone do anything about it, because they refused to be held to ransom. Is it just me, or are we all getting the same cold shoulder as those who blow things up to make a point?

I know it's meant to be complete fiction, but if you want to see a not so improbable picture of the future of this country, you could do a lot worse than rent a copy of "V for Vendetta."
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome