Join Date: Dec 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Climate back light repair
Instructions for repairing lighting behind climate display
1. Remove ash tray. Ensure card is not in the card reader.
2. Pull out card reader it is only held in place with clips.
3. Pull out bottom of climate display.
4. Remove the 3 wiring plugs from the back of the unit, the top 2 connectors have lever clips pull these across the plugs as far as they will go to release the bottom one has a small catch push this in to release.
5. Now remove the coloured cover from the front, this is done by releasing the clips top and bottom with a knife or small screwdriver.
6. Now remove the inner front cover, again by releasing the clips the 2 large buttons will probably fall out. Be careful with the glass screen as this is quit delicate.
7. Look at the top right hand of the printed circuit board you will see the resistor highlighted in the picture.
8. With a soldering iron re-solder both ends of the resistor, be careful not to leave the iron on for too long, it is also easier if a small amount of solder is applied to the tip of the iron prior to soldering the resistor.
9. Now rebuild the unit, make sure the plastic strip is in place and the glass display is lined up correctly before fitting inner cover, donít forget to fit the large buttons.
10. Re-fit coloured outer cover and re-fit to car, make sure that the wiring plugs are correctly fitted, Fit the top part of the display into the dash and then push the clips into place at the bottom.
11. Re-fit card reader and ash tray.
Should take about 30 minutes.
Currently in Fuzzybrush's garage:
2003 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Grand Tourer