Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault clio wet footwells ??

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 13th February 2014
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Talking Re: Renault clio wet footwells ??

Originally Posted by 1ray View Post
I have done a search on this and although it seems a common problem, the answers i find are only for rear footwells. Both front footwells in our Clio have gain puddles when it rains, the sunroof leaks also, but i have sorted that with gaffer tape and a rolled up towel under each sunvisor ! :0
Have checked all rims and cannot find the cause of the puddles on the floor in the front ! ?????
Hi, I had a clio for fourteen years and this was the only real problem that I had with it. It was fixed in under an hour when I finally found the problem. You have to take the sunroof out, take out the frame, ten bolts under the roof panel, clean the old silicone off of the roof of the car and I put a whole tube of clear silicone around the edge of the frame, bolted it all back together and hey presto, never leaked again. My front footwells were soaking most of the winter too, and sometimes they froze!!!!!. Hope this helps
Currently in llongborth's garage:
Megane II 2004 Auto
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to llongborth For This Useful Post:
HeatherJ (14th February 2014), MikeH86 (14th February 2014)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome