Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 11 Error code 1882

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 23rd November 2005 Thread Starter
Pat K
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanks for the replies, information as requested.

The car is 2002 Sports Tourer 1.9 DCI Privilege 108,000mls Engine F9Q. The new flywheel was fitted by an independant garage that would probably not have been my first choice. The bearing in the flywheel collapsed whilst the car was in their care having the air con fixed. I went to pick the car up after it had been repaired only to find I had no clutch. My choices were limited, either have them repair it or tow it away and get someone else to do it. They offered me a reasonable price so I allowed them to do it. Following this repair, the car stalled at junctions and did not feel right. I went back and got the expected "well it's nothing we've done". After a couple of days of stalling the car eventually stopped with "warning, vehicle full injection system not functioning, stop the car, consult your Renault dealer" from the voice computer and STOP displayed on the dash board. The car would not re-start. I had an independant auto electrician diagnose the car but there were no fault codes stored. He found a dirty fuse to the ECU , replaced that and the car did the exactly the same thing about two weeks later although this time the car restarted, I took it to the main Renault dealer in Ipswich (Bristo's), again no fault code was showing after diagnosis. They offered to book it in to try and find what they thought would be an earth fault, by this time I had spent almost 1500 in repairs in less than four months ownership, so I asked them to clear the faults on the computer and decided to trade the vehicle in and get something more reliable. I have since decided to keep the car as I would lose too much money on a p/ex (I would not be able to live with myself if I sold it privately). I later took the car to a smaller independant garage for diagnosis when it stopped as before with the same symptoms, that's where the 1882 "Fuel Pressure Information" came from. It gave nothing other than that. This garage recommended another who could maybe recognise the code and fix my car. I contacted them (DIESCO Ipswich) , they said it was a meaningful code and offered to diagnose the car for 46. I have already spent 147 on diagnosis and do not feel inclined to spend anymore. I would willingly pay someone to fix my car but more money on diagnostics??. That's where I am at the moment, red light on the dash and "warning vehicle fuel injection not functioning, stop the car consult your Renault dealer" from the voice computer. The car does not have the power and pull I would expect and quite often hesitates on acceleration. I struggle to get much more than 40mls per gallon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Pat
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome