Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna Tourer II - Fuel injector fault

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 21st February 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna Fixed - Superb Garage Recommended!!

Thanks to IDEman I contacted GR Autos - they were v busy but managed to fit me in. They offered to diagnose the Laguna for £25 - TOP VALUE! This would extract all the diagnostic info from the car - something Renault said could only be done with the fault "live".

If that test didn't reveal anything they promised to run a separate test on different diagnostic software. Total cost for both test including labour estimated at £80 - EVEN BETTER!!

So the car went to GR Autos. They phoned within a day to say that the test had show it to be one of two sensors; either the petrol flow sensor or petrol pressure sensor. As it wasn't certain they contacted a Renault dealer to get their input and probability of which it was. In the meantime they had ordered an upgrade of the diagnostic software to look for better results.

In the end they changed the flow sensor after talking it through with me. They didn't change both as Renault charge c£150 for EACH sensor!!

I had the car returned and all went well.......for a while and then the problem returned. After a call to GR Autos they had the car back and changed the other sensor. They could not have been more apologetic and helpful. They stayed late to complete the repair and get the key to me. We came to “an agreement” over the second senor as they took the error personally; something Renault wouldn’t do I am sure.

Superb customer service - Renault take note!!!

If you have a Laguna problem and live in the Leeds / Bradford / Yorkshire area please do try GR Autos of Otley, you won’t be disappointed.

Thanks & regards
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome