Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane 1 - Clicking Noise From Dashboard On Start Up

View Single Post
post #25 of (permalink) Old 21st February 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Megane Heater/Cooler Buzzing Noise

96 Auto Megane 2.0L
Hello fellow Renault owners
As soon as i turn on the ignition (with or without engine start) there is a loudish buzzing/whirring noise that seems to come from just to the left of centre of the dashboard and just behind /above the radio.
Also from behind the passenger glovebox i can hear about every 10/15 seconds what sounds like something opening and closing.
All the heating/cooling controls are working ok, the only thing that seems to make any difference and it only affects the pitch of the noise is if i activate the button that recirculates the internal air, its the button above the aircon .
For the second time in 3 months the sound went away for a couple of days but this afternoon has come back .
As i said everything about the heater/cooler unit is/seems to be functioning ok except this irritating noise.

At an outside guess i think maybe whatever it is that controls this internal air recirculation is misfunctioning and its this that i can hear opening/closing from behind the glove box.
If it is this part of the unit , i never use it so on the basis i might be correct can i disable it ?

Anybody have any other ideas as to what the problem is and a possible solution please ?

Many thanks for any help
Currently in bazwillrun's garage:
Renault Megane auto 2.0L 5d '96
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome