Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane 1 - Clicking Noise From Dashboard On Start Up

View Single Post
post #26 of (permalink) Old 21st February 2007
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,199 Times in 4,711 Posts
Noise in heater

Hi Bazwillrun,
Don't quote me on this but I think the heater intake and motor blower are situated in the area you describe - the cabin filter may also be located there. To me the clicking sounds like a solenoid opening and closing - this could be the one that operates the flap that controls whether air is extracted from the outside or recirculated from within the cabin. It could be a faulty solenoid or the switch that operates it - the one on the dash. I suggest you try to get access to it and check the condition of the pollen filter - if necessary remove it and see what happens. If you disconnect the electrical connection to the solenoid the flap will not operate correctly and will probably affect the performance of the air conditioning. If the solenoid is disconnected you will have to ensure the flap stays either in the open or shut position. You may be able to do this with cord or tape but it is best to keep it in the outside air position so the aircon can work efficiently and keep the cabin air fresh - otherwise you'll liable to get sleepy at the wheel. Maybe some other members can assist on this one Good luck.
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome