Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane 2002 1.4 brake issues

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 15th February 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Megane 2002 1.4 brake issues

Originally Posted by Renoir White View Post
Did you buy it from the 3rd owner? It's a bit unusual to resell a car so quickly. You seem to have done all the general checking you can and at least the brakes aren't sticking on. There could be several reasons why the brakes seem unbalanced. All you can do now is either remove the wheels and check all the brake components yourself or get a garage/fast-fit centre to give it a check over. It shouldn't be anything drastic.
Yeah I bought it from the 3rd owner who only had it for about 3 months. The other 2 owners had it for 11 years between them.

He said he'd bought it to teach his daughter to drive but she felt it was too big and wanted a corsa. To be fair, in the ad, he said was looking to sell or swap for a Corsa which is smaller than the Megane.

I'll get it checked over at the local garage where I know the owners and I trust them not to rip me off. As you said, it shouldn't be anything drastic and I've a feeling it's all going to come down to this near side rear brake.

I appreciate your advice as I didn't know if it sounded like something obvious with the brakes on this model and age etc.
Currently in shezboy's garage:
2002 Megane 1.4 16v Fidji (first reg June 2002)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome