Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - laguna II bonnet cable replacement story

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd February 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
laguna II bonnet cable replacement story

i have just got my 2001 laguna back after having the bonnet released and replaced as the cable snapped!
first and foremost if out of warrenty get a good local independent garage to do it i got mine done for 88 quid plus the vat ( for 2 and a half hours work very reasonable) secondly when it is done get some grease and lubricate the catch mechanism failing getting your hands on that use a liberal amount of wd40 and check every time you open the bonett there is not too much "ressistence" when opening it
i did contact renault liverpool but to be honest they were not interested,well they musn't have been as they were talking about 330 quid plus ??? dont get me wrong it is a pain in the ass job but is doable within a few hours ,EB JONES in liverpool did it for me and my wife has used them before and they seem to be quite good and reasonably priced as well ...i think this is going to be another fairly common problem with the laguna II as it was with the laguna I
even though the garage said its the first lag II they have had to do this on i just need to get hold of my radio code...
Currently in gibbsville's garage:
laguna ii dci
  5 Lastest Threads by gibbsville
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
loosing/lost coolant laguna 1.9 dci Heating & cooling madnoel10 10 3530 20th January 2009 08:07 AM
Laguna - Red padlock light next to hazard light... Electronics dr. sarf 10 1952 15th January 2009 10:08 AM
right fuse for the lugana ii headlights? Electronics gibbsville 2 831 18th September 2007 02:51 PM
is this where the laguna ii dci egr is? Engines gibbsville 10 1717 8th September 2007 04:19 PM
laguna II bonnet cable replacement story Bodywork sheriffdude 7 1740 22nd February 2007 04:01 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome