Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2001 Renault Kangoo 1.9D

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 16th February 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
2001 Renault Kangoo 1.9D

I have just purchased this vehicle yesterday on eBay . I know, buyer beware!
I drove from Sheffield to Royston, approx 140mls.
It was a bit sluggish and kept holding back, like it was suffering fuel starvation.
After 90mls or so it developed an engine noise, not sure it was top or bottom engine, or indeed the injectors!
I kept going and as I neared home I began to lose power and the engine noise got worse with smoking.
Today I started van and there was no acceleration at all. I decided to start with fuel filter and there was an improvement. However, engine noise still there and I'm still kangarooing down the road. Engine noise is still there, hardly surprising as the oil is black, black and more black so it's probably not doing the lubricating.
I have also put some additive to the fuel. As you would expect there is plenty of smoke!
As far as I can gather in the past 4yrs it has never done any distance, just to and from work (15mls a day).
Will do oil change tomorrow so I have put some flushing oil in the engine prior to that.
Now, I have either bought a dog, or things may improve as I do these initial things.
Would welcome some of your comments.
Currently in Telsown's garage:
2001 Renault Kangoo 1.9D
  5 Lastest Threads by Telsown
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Kangoo 1.9D Heater matrix controls. Heating & cooling Telsown 4 916 10th March 2014 09:45 AM
2001 Renault Kangoo 1.9D Cars & motoring bugsb 10 2116 16th February 2014 02:24 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome