Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna Mk1 Sun roof drain (not where it should be!)

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 16th February 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Re: Laguna Mk1 Sun roof drain (not where it should be!)

OK, apologies for no photos, but here's what I've found out.

Previous owner had cut the drain tube quite tight up to body, when it disappeared it ended up in the frame of the door surround, right next to where the electronics connector is for the door.

To access this, you need to remove the lower door frame trim (I did this by removing the door seal (a quick pull!) and carefully separating the joint - you might not be so lucky as your previous owner/Renault factory might have connected it correctly)

Now time for some yoga. In the top corner of what the trim is covering is a lump of synthetic sponge/foam. Remove this and you'll see a hole in the door frame which contains the electrics for the door and (hopefully) a peachy beige tube - BINGO!.

The next stage is an unfortunate tale of trial and error whilst I shoved my fingers through into the door frame to manoeuvre the sunroof drain back into position - it's useful to keep checking the 'other side' of the space (which is the area behind the wheel arch protection). Eventually you should be able to get the end within view from the wheel arch, at which point it's Tweezers-o'clock to guide it back into position.

Once back where it should be, I gave it a little guidance with a set of needle nose pliers and hoorah! Back in position - which is good because if I hadn't I've got no idea where that water would have ended up

For completism, I put the black vale back on (trying to keep the amount of noise travelling into the sunroof to a minimum).
Moral of the story - check your sunroof drains with a bit of water regularly and rod them before they get too stuffed!

Problem solved.
Currently in BehnK's garage:
2005 Grand Scenic Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome