Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2001 Renault Kangoo 1.9D

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 17th February 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: 2001 Renault Kangoo 1.9D

Hi Ron,
since your first message I have sought new mechanic, seems very knowledgeable, no harm in giving him a try.
Took van to his garage this morning and dumped oil /engine flush and replaced oil filter and put in some cheapo oil for now.
However, on taking van to work (courier) I had to abort job due to van smoking so much.
It was as though there was too much fuel or that the fuel that was being injected in was not burning and the excess was being lost down the exhaust. The rattling was almost continuous with loads of white/grey smoke and lots of it making other road users irate to say the least. I know you mentioned erg/ maf valves but maybe air flow meter could be at fault. I am concerned also about damaging the cat-converter.
Anyhow, I am going to garage tomorrow and get my new mechanic to plug his gismo in and see what faults come up. Seems weird that no engine lights have come on except from cold start this morning the glow plug warning light stayed on resulting in no revs at all. After switching engine off then back on it rectified itself.
Would appreciate any further comments you may have.

Currently in Telsown's garage:
2001 Renault Kangoo 1.9D
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome