Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Newbie - Espace MK4 2008 2.0dci

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 18th February 2014
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Newbie - Espace MK4 2008 2.0dci

Originally Posted by chy1 View Post
Hi, how long have you had the car for and what have been the biggest expenses ? I read some Espace owners were only getting 8000 miles on from the front tyres !

I know the car is almost 6 years old , so is it normal that one of the doors makes a creaking sound when opening ? Also the car has a panoramic sunroof and the roof opens/closes find but again some creaking sound when the sunblind closes. Do you think it will be better with some WD-40 ?
I've owned it about 18 months and a friend owned it from new. Biggest things it's had done has been the ABS pump under warranty, all the suspension springs replaced, a probe in the DPF system and lots of tyres! It has done 114000 miles though....
My friend ran it all its life on Continental tyres which wore pretty quickly, especially on the edges. I use cheaper brands and so far have put around 10,000 miles on the fronts and are about 50% worn.
I replaced a door check strap to cure the creaking door problem on mine, cost 16 for the part from a main dealer.

Other than that, it's been serviced every 9000 miles and used......
Currently in stu22's garage:
2006 Espace IV dCi 175
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome