Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - dvla registtration of camper van

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 18th February 2014
Renoir White
Platinum Member located in the UK
Technical Supremo
Renoir White's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6,867
Nominated 9 Times in 16 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 32
Thanks: 694
Thanked 1,444 Times in 1,200 Posts
Re: dvla registtration of camper van

Originally Posted by shamrock1 View Post
hi can any one tell me how to register a camper van to the dvla
I take it you've done or bought a d-i-y conversion? I believe all you need to do is send in the Reg Doc with photos and a covering letter asking for the vehicle description to read Camper Van. You may have to send a fee but as MadNoel says contact DVLA which you can do via their website by email.
You may have a problem with your insurance as I've read many insurers will not accept DIY conversions so you may need the services of a specialist broker to find a Lloyds insurer to accept you.
Currently in Renoir White's garage:
Renault Trafic 1.7 Petrol Vauxhall Astra 1.4i & in bits Triumph Bonneville T140E & H-D XLH1200
Renoir White is offline  
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome