Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Rear Heated Screen problems on 98 Megane

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 24th November 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Rear Heated Screen problems on 98 Megane

I'm experiencing problems with the rear heated screen on my 98 Megane, in that it doesn't work!

I press the demist button, the light comes up on the display, I can hear the relay click, but nothing happens on the rear screen. Checked the fuse first, no problems there. Got out the multimeter, and there are no breaks in any of the lines on the screen.

What I did discover, however, is there is only just about 1 volt across the terminals that connect to the rear screen.

I haven't been able to find out what voltage should be present (12v?), but I'm assuming 1 volt is not enough

I want to check the relay, but can't find it. Haynes manual only mentions the relay in the wiring diagrams, but doesn't state it's output voltage, or where it's physically located.

I'm assuming it's somewhere behind the fusebox, but don't want to start pulling the car apart without knowing.

if someone could help me out with locating the relay, removing it, checking it, and finally where I can but a replacement(!), I'd be very grateful.

(Unless someone know a different reason the screen doesn't demist?)

Thanks in advance,

- Steve
Currently in stevenh1978's garage:
'03 Ford Mondeo now, as his '98 Megane 1.9 Dti RXE was getting too expensive to fix!!
  5 Lastest Threads by stevenh1978
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
1998 Megane erratic speedo Electronics swfcowl5 3 2063 4th November 2006 05:10 PM
Rear Nearside Light Cluster odd behaviour Electronics leroy 4 1971 16th March 2006 08:18 AM
98 Megane Speedomoter dropping to Zero Electronics chris m 2 1291 13th March 2006 10:52 AM
Rear Heated Screen problems on 98 Megane Electronics Uncle_Sam 5 2173 24th November 2005 12:03 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome