Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Newbie - Espace MK4 2008 2.0dci

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 19th February 2014
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Newbie - Espace MK4 2008 2.0dci

Ello :-) I know I'm a petrol boy but we all look the same from the outside

Mine has a habit of eating front tyres and left to their own devices 10,000 is considered a good run! I now swap them over so that there's a longer period before I get glossy outer edges! I've had the tracking done regularly and all the geometry has been checked by independents and dealers alike and none of them have found anything causing it (and lets face it, if I had a bent thingummy they're not going to miss the chance to sell me a new one are they). I've tried both premium, intermediate and budget tyres and the thing ain't fussy, it'll eat them all in roughly the same space of time and that's with me driving like "yer nan"...assuming "yer nan" isn't Stirling Moss!

When I was Espace shopping and thinking about diesels I got a lot of people advising me that in their considered opinion 12,000 miles was a long way to go between services and most of them opted for, at the very least, an intermediate oil change to keep things sweet regardless of the handbook!

But the biggest fault (and if you haven't had it long then you won't know this yet) which may or may not be present on your model is.........the bl00dy cup holders! Mine only has them in the little compartment in front of the gear stick which could only be used by Snow Whites mates and even then if they only drink espresso!

Happy Motoring,

Currently in rockingbird's garage:
2007 Espace 2.016v Techrun
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome