Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Ivor returns - been almost Captur'd

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 20th February 2014 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to Ivor_E_Tower
Re: Ivor returns - been almost Captur'd

Thanks; I already have the What Car mag, and have aproached them on the article where they supply you with 3 cars to work out which would be best. Watch this space......
The added height of the Scenic eases entry and exit for those with back problems, and the elderly. The car is used by my wife who is a carer for the elderly, traveling from house to house rather than working in a home, so something like a Clio is out of the question. Cars have grown somewhat over the past 16 years, and the Captur appears to be a similar size to the first-gen Scenic, with the same slightly raised driving/seating position.
The Scenic has had a few issues over the years, nothing too dramatic but they have always been expensive to sort out (about 500 for a heater fan, and that's not a typo, it really was two zeros after the 5) and 900 for cam belt change and new clutch done at the same time. I see that new Renaults now come with 4 years of warranty and servicing when bought on finance, so hopefully if we can strike up a deal there won't be any unexpected bills on the car for a while !
Currently in Ivor_E_Tower's garage:
2014 Captur dCi EDC; 2014 Ka 1.2 Zetec; 2015 C-Max 1.6 TDCI
The Following User Says Thank You to Ivor_E_Tower For This Useful Post:
Jobie36 (9th August 2015)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome