Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - There but for the grace of God (and Renault) go mine

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 24th November 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
There but for the grace of God (and Renault) go mine

On friday afternoon whilst travelling to Ormskirk, my wife Laura and the children were involved in a accident. Laura was slowing as she approached a traffic light controlled cross roads, when her light turned to green she accelerated again. As she crossed the junction she was hit in the rear three quarter by someone jumping the red light. Her car ('53 Espace) was flipped over onto it's roof then onto the drivers side, coming to rest against some railings. The curtain bags on the drivers side went off, most of the glass broke. Laura was trapped in her seat with both kids dangling from the seats above her until the fire brigade got there to release them.
Amazingly none of them were seriously hurt, Calvin was unscathed, Alyssa has some bruises where th belts of her car seat had been and Laura has some wiplash to her neck and shoulders. The police officer I spoke to at the hospital said he was amazed that they all got out, such was the severity of the impact. In fact he said if they had been driving anything else they probably wouldn't have survived.

I've cast doubts on the Euro NCAP programme but if Renault had not engineered the Espace to those levels then I would have lost them all.

Thank you Renault.
Thank you Maxi cosi (Alyssa's seat)
Thank you Mama's & Papa's (Calvins seat)
  5 Lastest Threads by Scouse
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
04 Grand Espace NSF Wishbone Replacement Steering and Suspension jack daniels 1 2593 27th May 2010 12:28 PM
Espace 2.0T - whistling noise Engines Dront 4 2594 14th April 2009 01:55 PM
Renault Espace - Rear Brake Pad Replacement*Pic's* Espace Ben Detoy 21 47138 1st October 2008 01:28 PM
Grand Espace 2.0T tyres Wheels & tyres martin999 6 2053 6th June 2008 01:25 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome