Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - I was shocked to find this out this morning

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 25th February 2007 Thread Starter
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion Threadstarter
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Originally Posted by ren25 View Post
Having driven Renaults for 46 years with both manual and auto, I find it strange that this forum and it's members find so many problems with gearboxes. I have driven over the last 16 years with auto boxes without a single problem and that is over approx 416000 miles. In fact when I look at it, I have driven approx 1196000 miles and never a problem. I wonder why?
Hi i think it is as simple as this if your a nice stable driver and are not harsh with the car and the car is well serviced i think your chances are very good with having no problems and if you are harsh and do not service when you should well your going to run in big problems with Auto Transmission's i have never had a problem yet with mine apart from the gear box being changed at 27k with the first owner the reason way well i do not know but i think its like anything you either get a good one or a bad one.
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome