Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Deadliest car in the world

View Single Post
post #47 of (permalink) Old 21st February 2014
S.M.A.R.T.(y) Pants
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,467 Times in 1,851 Posts
Re: Deadliest car in the world

The mindset of the vehicle operator certainly is a deciding factor in assessing how dangerous any driver/vehicle combo can be, and the extent of mayhem they create.

A fool on a space hopper, will by and large only harm him/herself.

A genius with a chainsaw, will keep everyone around them safe.

But, there are many more 'normal' cars out there than supercars, and the chances of encountering an absolute tool behind the wheel of one, is even slimmer - mainly due to;
  • Cost/value of vehicle - true dumbasses can't (or only in very rare situations) earn the money to buy & insure these cars.
  • These cars don't get driven everyday, in all weathers - they are too impractical, and to do so, hurts it's resale value.
So yes, I can see that an utter nutter behind the wheel of a Veyron would be a killer cocktail; you are statistically much more likely to see him/her causing almost as much carnage in a more nondescript car.

At least in the supercar, he/she would be much easier to spot.

This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.

S.M.A.R.T. Technician
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome