Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio 1.2 2001 - Occasional buzz whilst driving - getting louder

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 21st February 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Clio 1.2 2001 - Occasional buzz whilst driving - getting louder

I gave found recently that when driving upwards of 30mph I get a buzzing sound. The sound generally happens when driving along straight sections of road because steering 10 degrees to the left or right immediately stops the sound and using the brakes even the slightest bit also stops it. The sound seems to be related to the speed the vehicle is travelling and not the speed of the revs.

My question is with this sort of problem where am I best to start looking and what do I look for. I am planning on checking the brake pads and discs today anyway (because they need checking) so if there's anything ekes worth looking at please ket me know.

The sound is definately coming from the front of the car but it's hard to say if it's more one side than the other. Since I first heard this buzz about a month ago it seems to be becoming more frequent and louder. What is strange is that sometimes it just doesn't happen and other times it does, as it's been really wet recently I have considered that it may be damp related?

I have a 1.2l 3dr 2001 Clio that has done 115,000 miles.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Currently in Cornall's garage:
2001 Clio 1.2 16v 3dr
  5 Lastest Threads by Cornall
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio 1.2 2001 - Occasional buzz whilst driving -... Brakes/Hubs Cornall 0 528 21st February 2014 09:20 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome