Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New user likes this forum

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 25th February 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Originally Posted by twoscarecrows View Post
Well, I have been a member of this forum for a little over a week, and I just thought I ought to comment on how helpful it has been for me.

I recently bought my car sans handbook, and being full of gizmo's it has taken me some time to learn what it does.

Of the problems I have cured as a direct result of this forum (thank you all) the count is currently at 3. I wonder how much Renault would have charged me for 3 jobs, even if they were just exploratory. My first problem concerned the loss of my sat nav signal (cured by removing the Carminat sat nav, unplugging everything, then putting it back together - I think it caused a reboot, the cure wasn't immediate, but signal re-acquired after about 15 mintes). The second problem caused my little Westie to get very upset when I left her in the car as the alarm kept going off. I now know how to disable the doodad thingumajig by insertign the keycard twice (within 7 secs) before locking the doors - the car bleeps 3 times to confirm and the dog can now get some sleep!
My third problem was the memory setting for the wing mirrors - everytime I got in the car the mirrors forgot where to point. This was becoming annoying, until 10 minutes ago I read on the forum that if you briefly press the memory button, the mirrors (and seat I am informed) return to the correct position.

I am still searching for answers to other stuff, such as how does the "follow me home" function of the lights work and how does the adaptive cruise control stop me from running up someones backside?

Answers to stuff I didn't know needed answering, such as you can get cheap updates for the Carminat satnav (cd) on ebay (mine is now on its way) and the updated version includes the Traffic Message Channel.

So overall, I am pretty chuffed.

Thank you to all. Please excuse me if I refrain from saying "group-hug".
It's always good to hear positive feedback from Members who have received assistance from the Forums, I'm sure the individual members who have assisted you whether directly or indirectly will be pleased to hear your comments.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome