Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Average MPG from 1.9 DCi Engine

View Single Post
post #85 of (permalink) Old 25th February 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

My dCI 120 Sport Tourer does 47-49 mpg during my 80 mile daily return journey along the A3, M25, M3 journey via Woking to West London. My previous hatch with the same engine gearbox managed 52 easily.
My current car is 20 months old, 36,000 miles on the clock, worth less than half what I paid for it (new registration) and the replacement Euro 4 car has gone to a 9,000 mile service interval from the current 18,000 mile. I asked my local dealer how much servicing would cost and he couldn't/wouldn't tell me until I bought a new car and gave him the registration "for the computer". So I didn't book the service on my current car with them. Another more forthcoming dealer said that the 9,000 service would be 204 and the 18,000 mile service would be over 300. At 18,000 miles I paid 169 on my current car. So it's sex and travel to Renault - I've ordered a big Vauxhall Vectra estate with a 150PS engine and 20,000 service interval and got it for 5k less that Renault wanted for their 130PS FAP Euro Sport Tourer.
As for other posts - I changed tyres from a side street garage on my previous hatch with tyre pressure monitors without any problems having told them not to change the valves and replace on the same hub. The Michelin Premacy tyres (which are excellent) cost 50 less each than my Renault dealer wanted. My current 2005 model doesn't have the stupid sensors (which were overly sensitive to cold mornings) so no annoying displays from that part.
I've not suffered the kind of problems many others have with their Lagunas but the servicing costs of the new engine are going to treble and put people like me off them. If Vauxhall can do long service intervals on their Euro 4 engines why can't Renault? Goodnight Vienna
Currently in orly's garage:
2005 model Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Sport Tourer
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome