Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Extended warranties and MOT advice

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 26th February 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Originally Posted by pyrogenius View Post
Hi all,

I've been searching for a thread which advised on a good company to get an extended warranty.

I'm thinking about getting one for my 02 Scenic, 1.9 Dti. I'm doing a lot of miles, approx 500 a week so I'm thinking it would be a good thing to do.
The factory warranty's about to run out on the Clio, so we're in the same boat. We bought the Renault Harmony warranty last time around, but while it's comprehensive, it does seem a little overpriced for what it is.

When this was discussed a while back, someone (Vass, I think) mentioned these people. :: Warranty Works we supply Car Warranties at trade prices ::
They're certainly cheaper than Renault, and the only significant conditions seem to be that the repairs can't exceed the value of the car (sensible) and the warranty doesn't cover consumables (but then I've yet to see one that did.)

Bear in mind that even extended warranties tend to be mileage capped too. You're going to need to go for one with a fairly high cap, and that's going to bump the price up.
Apologies for girth.
Oi! Stop that now!
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome