Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault....never again!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th February 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault....never again!

I'm writing as now, finally, I've had the last straw with the Renault Grand Scenic 1.9 dCi I brought from new. A lovely equiped car, let down by the build quaility, electrics and our local awful dealer. So thankfully I've now sold it.

So what went wrong;

Warped brake disk causing the car to judder. Occured since delivery and fixed after 13 mths, when the dealer finally admitted there was a problem which wasn't due to the wheel balance!

Alarm which didn't work due to a known fault with the bonnet catch. Fixed after 1 month - during which time I couldn't lock the car at night as there is no way of disabling the alarm according to the dealer.

Dealer never returned the wheel lock key, and failed to own up to this for 8 mths, until they were suddenly found, along with another set(!), after I refused to leave the dealership (my tires needed changing and I had 2 hours to kill).

Child locks button sometimes worked, amusing.

Electric windows buttons sometimes failed to work, could be fixed by stopping and restarting the car.

Cigar lighter socket which liked to pop out of the dash.

Extemely expensive services charges.

And who would design a family car without a spare wheel. I've had to call out family twice due to the wheel being torn due to rubbish. The puncture kit won't fix these. With an autistic child in the car this isn't funny!

So what can I say. First new car I've brought, but certainly the last Renault I'd ever own. Let down mainly the dealership and secondly the build quality.

Got a SAAB now, the difference is amazing.
Currently in matandrews's garage:
2004 Grand Scenic 1.9dCi
  5 Lastest Threads by matandrews
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault....never again! Cars & motoring VelSatisfied 16 3013 26th February 2007 05:09 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome