Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

View Single Post
post #340 of (permalink) Old 22nd February 2014
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

Just replaced my resistor pack having had the fan stuck on full blast since Christmas!

As my car has climate control, I didn't see what I'd read I'd see, and I def couldn't see the board initially, but then realised that the block screwed into the fan ducts with the green plugs was what I was looking for! I tried getting it out through the gap in the top of the dash but my arm didn't fit enough to work so off came the panel underneath the steering wheel and that allowed me to guide a screw driver up and then my dad could twist it through the gap at the top!

Like I said, what we got out wasn't what others have shown but it was what I saw on another site which repairs the boards for 8, so I sent it Wed afternoon and it was back in my car working by Friday morning!

Thanks to everyone here for your ideas and help to get to the problem.

My suggestion is - if you can get it out through the top gap, then do as taking that bottom panel off is a real pain!!
Currently in kennybase's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome