Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Stripped Caliper Mounting Point (On hub).

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd February 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Stripped Caliper Mounting Point (On hub).

Hi guys.

I replaced the ABS reluctor ring on one side without any problems a couple of weeks ago. It turned out that the side I replaced was the only side damaged, so it sorted the ABS issues.

I thought I might as well do the other side as that'll sure to be rusting through soon, especially as it's under 2 per ring.

Unfortunately things have gone quite wrong as when I removed both caliper mounting bolts, I noticed the thread on one of them was severely damaged towards the end of the bolt. It had clearly been cross-threaded at some point, and unfortunately it's the same story with the threaded hole that the bolt goes in to. I know it's knackered as I shortened the bolt to remove the damage as a temporary fix, but the bolt will spin in the hole way before any decent torque can be applied.

I was wondering if any of you have experienced this before and whether you have any recommendations as how to sort it?

Thanks for any help!
Currently in bluezedd's garage:
2005 Renault Clio II dynamique . 1.2 16v. Engine = D4F 722
  5 Lastest Threads by bluezedd
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
ABS Light - 1.2 Clio mk2 2005 Brakes/Hubs bluezedd 1 469 14th September 2015 12:10 AM
Electronic Fault Light & Exhaust Gas Monitor... Engines bluezedd 0 820 4th March 2014 08:43 PM
Stripped Caliper Mounting Point (On hub). Brakes/Hubs Meganeman 3 863 22nd February 2014 10:51 PM
Clio Warning Lights. (Fault Code Reader... Engines Dancingdad 4 2799 14th February 2014 04:46 PM
Servicing Parts - Clio engine. Engines Phil48 5 1358 27th January 2014 07:17 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome