Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace Alize tailgate wont unlock

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th February 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Espace Alize tailgate wont unlock

Hi everyone ,I hope some one out there can help me.After having my new key fob re-programmed [old fob us] and coincidently fitting anew battery to the Espace the tailgate refuses to unlock,all other doors etc work ok.A slight hum can be heard from the tailgate when operating the key-fob[not a click] I need to remove the inner tailgate trim but with the tail-gate shut this looks impossible.i have removed the two bottom corner screws,removed the inner door handle and slackened the two top mounting screws but to no avail .My last idea was to cut inspection hole/holes to gain access to the lock/lock assemblies. Can anybody advise as to what position they might be in the tailgate.Any suggestions would be very greatfully received. Melvynjb
Currently in melvynjb's garage:
2000 espace alize
  5 Lastest Threads by melvynjb
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Clio - Warning lights that wont go out !!! Electronics scatz 3 2328 26th August 2008 08:16 PM
Espace Alize tailgate wont unlock Bodywork J Chirac 6 1850 26th February 2007 09:00 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome