Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #483 of (permalink) Old 26th February 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Me too!

This happened to me last Thursday. I was doing 40mph and the bonnet came up and smacked into the windscreen. I called Renault, got the prepared maintenance issue and you didn't close the bonnet properly statement. I have also contacted Watchdog.
Luckily I wasn't hurt but the whole experience was shocking to say the least. What shocks me more is Renaults stance and dismissive response.
This is a potentially fatal issue and should be investigated accordingly. There is obviously a fault with a fundamental safety system. Renault of course have a carefully crafted response. They state that their experts conclude that there is not a manufacturing fault with the safety catch - I agree, it is probably manufactured well within its tolerances. I feel they should concentrate on the apparent design fault, the safety catch is after all a fail safe device. A fail safe device that fails - priceless, lets be thankful Renault don't build nuclear reactors!
Soon to be an ex-Renault owner. Unlike Renault I do value my life!
Currently in skydiver's garage:
2002 Renault Clio DCi65 Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome