Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #485 of (permalink) Old 27th February 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
This happened to me last Thursday. I was doing 40mph and the bonnet came up and smacked into the windscreen. I called Renault, got the prepared maintenance issue and you didn't close the bonnet properly statement. I have also contacted Watchdog.
Luckily I wasn't hurt but the whole experience was shocking to say the least. What shocks me more is Renaults stance and dismissive response.
This is a potentially fatal issue and should be investigated accordingly. There is obviously a fault with a fundamental safety system. Renault of course have a carefully crafted response. They state that their experts conclude that there is not a manufacturing fault with the safety catch - I agree, it is probably manufactured well within its tolerances. I feel they should concentrate on the apparent design fault, the safety catch is after all a fail safe device. A fail safe device that fails - priceless, lets be thankful Renault don't build nuclear reactors!
Soon to be an ex-Renault owner. Unlike Renault I do value my life!
Hello Skydiver, welcome to the forum, (as Mark Anthony said to Caesar on the Ides of March)

Sorry to hear this has happened to you too but at least you weren't injured. So perhaps we can thank the Lord for that; we certainly needn't thank Renault.

Have you advised VOSA about the incident? It would help the common good if you did, because it might make them act like they have the balls to take on Renault. Typically, they are trying to whitewash the public but then what can we expect? They were after all installed in their cushy jobs by the government, so why should they take any notice of the public? A job for life is a job for life, non? Well paid too, I understand; but why should they have to work for it?

Please read through the thread if you haven't already (and others on the same subject). I know it is long and laborious but it will show you how wrong Renault are in all this. You may also be encouraged to take appropriate action.

Confucius he say "Wise Inuit never eats yellow snow"
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome