Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Police may check crash drivers' mobile records

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 27th February 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Originally Posted by davesss View Post
It is not the holding of a phone that is dangerous..... .
Is it not davesss! What if you need to take evasive action but only have one hand on the wheel?

Not getting at you just stating a fact! I mean I never drive whilst using my phone, if it rings they can wait, but I have been guilty of driving one handed most of the time and I can only assume that this is dangerous as I do not have 'full' control of the vehicle

Too add....just the other day, I was driving past a lorry on a two lane road coming up to traffic signals and the driver of the lorry, who was on the phone, swerved to my side of the road making me swerve onto the otherside of the road. Luckily there was nothing coming the otherway otherwise I imagine I wouldn't be typing this now!

I agree with the new laws re use of a mobile whilst driving. It's about high time they severely punished this crime.

Currently in scatz's garage:
2004 Subaru Legacy GT Spec B, a 2013 2.0 TDCi Titanium X Sport S-Max and a 2001 Honda NSR125R

Last edited by scatz; 27th February 2007 at 03:21 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome