Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Customer Service Policy

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 28th February 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Renault Customer Service Policy

My car has just failed its first MOT due to excessive exhaust emissions. I am going to have to pay 150 plus to have the o2 sensor replaced due to me using supermarket fuel which apparently is sub standard. According to Waters Renault St. Albans, garages in the South East are awash with cars having problems due to this fuel from supermarkets!

The fault arose from a toxic fumes fault light on the dashboard. This was originally fixed a month ago under warranty and I had all 4 ignition coils replaced. Now I am 800 miles over the warranty. I have asked Renault for a contribution to this cost since the same fault light was illuminated and they have told me to get lost.

Also, about 500 miles outside the warranty, my window rocker switches developed a fault and this will cost me 350 plus to get fixed. Again Renaults response to me asking for a contribution was no, because I am outside the warranty.

Considering I have always had the car serviced etc at a Renalt garage and paid the extra charges for this and other non-warranty work, I think it's appalling that Renault have washed their hands of the car as soon as they can. The guy from Customer Services was all " I understand your frustration" etc etc, but this isn't good enough. If the service industry I work in dealt with its customers this way there would be hell to pay.

I don't intend to let this rest so can anyone give me the contact details of a senior Renault person I can complain to?

Many thanks,

Currently in cammer's garage:
2004 renault megane sports saloon privilege
  5 Lastest Threads by cammer
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Sump Nut dethreaded Engines hondo 8 1298 2nd November 2009 10:33 AM
aircon/compressor malfunction Heating & cooling madnoel10 1 1009 10th December 2008 04:15 PM
Renault Customer Service Policy Cars & motoring chris m 8 1462 28th February 2007 11:35 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome