Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace Alize tailgate wont unlock

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 28th February 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by moonmothshadow View Post
I had a similar problem. I used a push bike tyre lever shaped like an L to lever the bottom of the trim outwards and this rleased the 2 plastic clips along the bottom, 1 about center and 1 about 1 third way in from offside. Then I bent out the trim from the corner till I could just get my hand inside the tailgate (caused some damage to the trim but not too bad) Once inside you can feel the rod leading from the handle and you pull this towards the centre and it releases the fastening. Then repeat on the other side and the door will open allowing you to remove the top screws and take off the trim properly. Good luck.
Now my trim is refitted it looks OK and better than a couple of holes in it I think.
Moonmothshadow saves the day although there were moments when i could have given up,but i thought if its been done then i can do it!! The final problem was just dry linkage fom solenoid to the end of the cables{not rods on this occasion].Im once again very greatful for your advice and cant believe it is finally over Melvyn
Currently in melvynjb's garage:
2000 espace alize
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome