I'm new to the forum, I'm having the same sort of problem.
It's a Clio RT 1.6 16V 2001, brazilian version.
It begins with starting difficulties (needed to step on the pedal) and sometimes irregular idle. Not always, but only when the car rested a day or so. After the start, lots of unburnt fuel, sign of very rich or lack of some sparks. Seconds passed, perfect idle, power, acceleration. Left on the garage, 2 injectors changed, as the mechanic said they had uneven fuel flux. Ok, for some days, but it happened again twice.
It has 115,000km, the
was changed with 35,000km: starting problem. Camshaft belt changed with 80,000km as per manual.
Now, since sunday, it won't to start anymore :-( , the day before it worked uneventfully. So everything was ok, fuel ok, power ok,
- Fuel pump ok.
- Flooding, so injectors ok, apparently no sparks;
sensor checked, 225 ohms;
- Idle control valve changed, it was very hard to move;
- Immobilizer ok, led goes off when key turned;
- Sparks checked once, was ok, checked again day after, no sign of spark.
- Not even a single cylinder is firing
So, could be an intermitent
sensor failure ?
Don't know what to check more. The
is recognizing the
sensor: no warn lights, injectors is being open.
I will try to change the