Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Grand Scenic towbar too low

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 1st March 2007 Thread Starter
Andy R
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Grand Scenic towbar too low

Hi, can you help please?

I have a Renault swan neck towbar fitted to my Grand Scenic (dealer fit, from new). However, I came to tow a caravan for the first time last weekend and found that the towbar is very low - measures 375mm to the centre of the ball with car unladen. It's so low that I'm sure my caravan jockey wheel will come a cropper on a cross channel ferry ramp or speed bump.

Now, most other cars I've seen have a towbar height of around 420-450mm. I've seen photos of other Scenics fitted with a Witter towbar, and the ball does appear to be much higher.

If you have a towbar fitted, I'd be really grateful if you'd be able to measure from the ground to the centre point of the towball for me - or even post a photo of it too.

This would be a huge help for me, as I'm banging my head against a brick wall at the moment. Thanks in advance. Andy.
Currently in Andy R's garage:
2005 Renault Scenic II 1.9dCi Privilege - not for much longer though!
  5 Lastest Threads by Andy R
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
I will NEVER buy Renault again Cars & motoring chris m 13 2912 31st May 2008 07:22 PM
All air con and fans not working Heating & cooling AlanJD 1 1184 31st May 2008 06:54 PM
Roofbars - plastic feet missing Cars & motoring Botchit, Soddem & Leggit 3 1244 18th January 2008 07:35 PM
Grand Scenic towbar too low Cars & motoring ottoman 10 6778 1st March 2007 08:52 AM
Grand Scenic can hardly tow a thing!? Cars & motoring silvervectra 10 12988 7th August 2006 08:11 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome