Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2004 - Engines - Auto gearbox warning sign

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 1st March 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Donald View Post
Hi do you still have warranty if so i would go back to the dealer and speak to customer services.I wish i could help you but nothing is coming to hand unless you try another dealer I hate dealers but if you have a problem what else can we do i hope this helps
Thanks, Donald. I bought the car 2nd hand through the dealer 6 weeks ago. The gearbox is under 12mo warranty. These guys are OK (which is not to argue with your - and on occasion my general - feeling about dealers!) I think they have been conscientious but with their workload uninclined to hold their chins and wonder and tarry with the problem. Which leaves me to hold my chin etc. The gearbox seems not to have any fault. The fault seems to be with the false alarm. It is not pleasant, however, to be driving with a warning sign about something so crucial staring you in the eye. You cannot quite disbelieve it and so you can't relax.
Currently in li'lripper's garage:
2006 Megane II Sedan 2L Auto
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome